Tony Blauer is a world leader in self protection and close quarter combat, and a well respected speaker on fear and how to deal with it. His research on physiology, and mindset as it relates to confrontation management has inﬂuenced over two decades of reality-based martial artists.
In this episode, Adam and Tony discuss self-defence scenarios, fear management, CrossFit workouts, belief structures, and what it means to be a coach.
- He has been coaching for over 35 years in martial arts [7:55]
- Difference between the fantasy of street fight vs the true emotional psychological balance of a credible confrontation [10:03]
- Importance of self coaching [18:21]
- Discussion about the importance of underlying beliefs structure to response to fear [23:29]
- Discussion about economics of violence in a country [34:31]